23 November 2023
Heat demand and the role of energy storage
Xoserve’s Victoria Mustard and Dr. Grant Wilson explore the issues that will impact future energy demand patterns, how the UK’s plans to decarbonise heat will create new challenges for security of supply, and how energy storage can support system flexibility.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Grant Wilson, Associate Professor at Birmingham Energy Institute, University of Birmingham
This episode covers:
- why the decarbonisation of heat creates significant challenges
- why battery storage alone cannot provide the flexibility our system needs
- why gas remains important for balancing seasonal energy demand
- why extreme events need to be considered in the UK’s future energy plans
- what Dr Wilson believes needs to happen next for our nation to successfully achieve net zero
Decarb Discussions: Dedicated podcasts exploring the road to net zero for the gas industry.
To access our latest episode, or to view a full list of others across the series, click the link below.
Get in touch
To learn more about how Xoserve supports the decarbonisation of gas, make sure you subscribe to our DeliveringDecarb monthly newsletter.
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions for our Decarbonisation Team, please email us.
Share this news article